Monday, May 26, 2014

My Dream Day



I took a day off work today. Not to spend with the kids, I sent them all to school and daycare. Just a day to do....stuff. I've felt like there has been no time left in my week/month/life this year and everything is being neglected. Starting with housework, everything in between, and ending in personal hygiene.

So I took a day to me, and not being one to waste anything, I packed as much into the day as possible. The goal was to accomplish the following:
  • Get eyebrows waxed
  • Get a hair cut, colour, and blow dry
  • Pickup my new glasses from the optometrist
  • Get a pink slip for the car
  • Take Maddy to get her back X-Ray'd
  • Write up x2 partnered blog posts
  • Write up x2 personal blog posts
  • Complete some university students surveys
  • Vacuum the house
  • Put away the washing
  • Cook dinner
  • Solve the mystery of the missing school skirt
  • Complete a coat of paint on the bookshelf project that never ends
  • Generally stuff ass around on social media to my hearts content
Those of you following along on social media today will know that I ticked off that last one pretty well, along with a whole bunch of the rest. The only things that I didn't really do was to complete the 4 blog posts, although this one counts, and add a coat of paint to the bookshelf project that never ends. I did also slip in time to bake a cake and some muffins though.

After this day I don't feel relaxed, not even a little bit. But I do feel satisfied and back in control, even if that feeling doesn't last all that long. I feel groomed again, just having my eyebrows waxed makes me feel a little classier.

I have no doubt that within a few weeks, or possibly days, I will be feeling out of control again, but right this second I'm feeling good. Almost good enough to compensate for the fact that Game of Thrones is not on this week.

I have a little time left before bedtime, I think I'll go grab my paintbrush! 

What would you do with a whole day to yourself? The general Facebook consensus was sleep.

Have you entered my Peppa Pig Friendship Month Giveaway yet? It ends soon, so don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!