Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Mothers Day! (Attempt 1)

Husband and I had an awesome sleep in today. That is to say, neither toddler woke up till 6:36am, and by our standards for a weekend that is awesome. Normally Sebastian will need resettling at stupid o'clock, and on the nights that he doesn't, Lorelei decides that breakfast should be served at 4am.

So I was kind of surprised to find Husband sluggish and harder to kick out of bed this morning than usual. Normally a well placed knee in his back will do the trick but today required rousing myself far more than is easy to still pretend to be asleep in order to get him moving.

"You go, I woke up at 2am and couldn't sleep".

I processed this, listening to Sebastian's demands from the next room get louder. "What did you do at 2am?"

"I did the dishes." Sweet.

"I hung out the wet washing and washed a new load". Getting better and better.

"I ducked up to Kmart to do some shopping". (Totes not sponsored btw.) Say what now??

It's not unheard of for me to go and do weird o'clock shopping at Kmart, but then I'm the one who suffers from insomnia time to time. I flicked through all the reasons he might exert himself to go shopping, and finally clicked. Mothers Day! "Why didn't you wait till later this week and go after work?"

The silence was deafening and once again I clicked. "You thought today was Mothers Day!"

Husband grumpily admitted that this was the case, and I started to jump out of bed to give him a little more sleep. Then the penny dropped.

"You thought it was Mothers Day and you were still going to make me get up to make everyone breakfast? AND you left it till 2am on the day to think about a present!"

I bet you can guess which one of us stayed in bed this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!