Monday, March 24, 2014

Cruising Highlights


I've been, I've gone, and I've conquered the Carnival Cocktail. Both the cruise and the conference were a 100% success in my eyes, and I've come back with a million photo's and information to share. Far too much to get up tonight (my cruise docked at 7am, and I was at work by 8:30am!) but here is the overview.

You can stay, play and eat on the ship for the upfront costs. There is plenty of great food, available at huge hours of the day. HEAPS of activities for both grownups and kids, and good, basic accommodation.

I have been tentatively thinking that a cruise should be the next Mummy Hearts Money major family holiday and this little shortie (as the cruise repeaters call it!) has cemented it for me. More than anything I loved the absence of effort on this trip. It would be so nice to take a holiday where it isn't such a big deal to hustle the kids everywhere just to get them fed.

I'll be going into some level of detail about exactly what you get for your money, and what isn't included that you need to pay for. Hopefully anyone who has been interested in taking a cruise will get something out of my experience (happy to take one for the team!).

Blog speaking, I have come away with a to do list 3 pages long. The speakers were fabulous, and the idea's were flowing. I expect to deliver great things in the blog this year, and I want my readers commentary and feedback more than ever. Every Facebook like, blog comment, twitter reply is an indication to me of what is going well, and what I can do better, so please feel free to keep your feedback coming in any formats! My blog is my empire, and conferences are my opportunity to build my empire!

Watch this space over the coming days for more cruising highlights. There will be many. If you have any questions about cruising, please feel free to ask so I can include it! There was so much I was dying to see and do, so I'm sure many other people are curious too.

Special thanks once again to my DPCON14 sponsor Switched On Media, who have recently launched a Blogger Sign up page. If you are interested in working with terrific brands who have great representation, I can't give them more thumbs up (I ran out of thumbs).

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had an amazing, Elise.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to hear about the cruising costs and inclusions especially with and without kids. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!