Friday, February 7, 2014

Getting Out with Shopadocket

I'm a huge fan of collecting vouchers and discount coupons. I scour newspapers, search online, and clip dockets constantly, and keep them all in a tin ready for the next time we want to eat out or take the kids somewhere fun. I refuse to pay retail, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for anything. If there isn't a discount to be had somewhere, its probably not worth going there. 


Want to take the kids to pat a Kangaroo? Oh look! Shop a Docket has free kids entry to Featherdale Wildlife Park!

Maybe we want to stare at a shark, stroke a starfish, and find Nemo! Not a problem, 20% off at Sealife Aquarium.

Or maybe we want to eat out with the kids as a treat, the "kids eat free" restaurants can be PACKED on the eligible nights, but with a shopadocket discount to one of the many available cafes, takeaway joints, and restaurant, we can end up with a similar bill but try something new.


It's not unheard of for us to decide that Domino's is the way to go for dinner as a treat, and to use a Shop a Docket Domino's coupon to grab a cheap pizza to eat out at a park with the kids. They love it, and we enjoy leaving the "dishes" behind in the park bin.

We've used dockets for getting our car serviced, free trials at gyms, and I'm not going to tell you how many free cheeseburger meals from McDonalds we've consumed. Let me just say it explains why I'm in the market for a fashion partner for DPCON14.

We've all flipped over our supermarket receipts to check out the offers, but did you know there's an even better way to source your discounts? These days no matter where we are or where our dockets are good for, we whip out the iPhone and bring up the Shop a Docket website. 5 minutes later and we've figured out the cheapest place to get lunch and we manage to save ourselves a few dollars. We especially love this feature when we are away on holidays where EVERYTHING costs more. If you happen to find a deal that you know you will want to take advantage of later, whether you are on the PC or the mobile device, you can add the docket to "My docketbook" and find it easily later without searching! Too easy!


With a family 5 to feed and pay for entries these days I'll take every discount I can. Sourcing the best deal possible can make all the difference in whether the day out is affordable or not.

Do you take advantage of Shop a Docket discounts? What's the best deal you've ever found?

This post brought to you in partnership with the ever awesome Shop A Docket, source of the free cheeseburger meal.

5 comments:

  1. I love vouchers - any sort. Never pay full price for anything....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the greatest time in the US where coupons and vouchers are far more common - especially in Vegas! I was in heaven

      Delete
  2. Ha! I'm a Raj so yes I agree any discount you can get is a good thing. I need to read the back of my receipts more! I didn't realise you could get this much good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coupons too! There's always something new to discover and try that you otherwise wouldn't have bothered with. Coupons can be very enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my vouchers and coupons as well!
    I wish we had it as good as overseas with the extreme couponing!!! That would be exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!