Saturday, January 25, 2014

Memories of Madeleine #9





Mummy Hearts Money is sharing 13 memories of my biggest little girl, in tribute to her 13th birthday this month. Most of these stories are "Have to be there" kind of memories, but I love them, they make me smile.

For years Madeleine would surprise us by sleepwalking. It wasn't often, maybe only a handful of times per year, but often enough that we needed to keep an eye on it. 

One night when she was about 7, she came from the back of the house up to the front lounge room where Husband and I were settled for the night watching some late night Law and Order. Used to finding any reason to be out of bed I questioned her sharply, only to have her ignore my words and instead turn her glazed yes towards me. Wandering over to where I sat on the floor cross legged, she turned, slightly bent, and started to pull her pajama pants down.

In a second I realised what was happening and leaped out the way, hustling her quickly down the other end to the bathroom. It was hard though, I was in fits of laughter and almost breathless with hysterics while trying to get her there as quick as possible.

We settled her back into bed, and the next day she had no idea. We never really told her too much about her sleep walking, she was such a susceptible kid we didn't want her playing up to it. But it's definitely a memory for the 18th birthday party.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Simply wished to say your article is astonishing. The clearness in your post is simply nice and I can assume you are an expert on this subject so I decided to drop you a comment for motivation.
    Well with your permission, I'd also be glad if you could visit my blog and leave a comment on my recent post titled How To Stop Being “Just Friends” With a Girl and Make Her Your Lover In 4 easy steps
    Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.
    Regards from Daniel.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!