Thursday, September 12, 2013

Put Your Big Girl Panties On

Literally.



This morning after I got Miss 2 year old Lorelei up to change her nappy, she waited till I took off her night nappy before jumping up and declaring "No Nappy!".

Who am I to argue?

That's a pretty good indicator that she's ready to give toilet training a whirl, so I excitedly ran and got some big girl panties to put on.

"No panties!"

Um. No panties? Ooookay. I can live with her running bare bum round the house for a few hours I guess. We had a little chat about using the toilet when she needed to do a wee, and I stationed the potty in the lounge room where we could get to it quickly. Except...

"No toilet!"

This one presents a little more of a problem, and I'm not entirely sure what to expect. at 9am, she has been having a marathon bladder holding session, and has yet to do her business since 6:30 this morning. I've been following her around, suspiciously looking for puddles, but haven't been able to find any.

I'm not sure what to expect today but I have a feeling I'm not going to be reporting that I smugly have one of those genius children who just click with their toilet training on day 1.

Wish me luck. And a lack of puddles.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I found antibacterial wipes were my best friend during this time! Oh and putting away any rugs! Hopefully you won't need them. Fingers crossed. Let us know how you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Not so well Shelley! And she is getting a little upset now when she has an accident and wants her nappy back, but we are persisting. She's not in trouble, she's just a little embarrassed by the mess

      Delete
  2. Good luck! It is the best when they decide they are ready!!!
    My step son communicated that by crying when I went to put on his night time nappy and saying "I want to be a big boy!!!!"

    P.S. those curls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't bear to give her her first haircut because of those curls! Thanks for coming by xx

      Delete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!