Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Preciousssssss

Today, out of nowhere, little Miss 2 year old Lorelei has turned into my very own Gollum.

I don't mean that she huddles in corners, hissing suspiciously at anyone that comes near while she protects her treasures - although she has actually been doing that for some time, especially if the "treasure" is something from my bedside table or handbag.

She came running to me today, flapping her little hands at the wrists.

"Look at my hands'ses!"

Hands'ses?

"And my eye'ses, and my ear'ses, and my finger'ses!"

Where this came from, I have no idea. She has been identifying body parts for a long time, and by their proper names. And when I tried to correct her, hard as it is to get a 2 year old to hear the difference between "hands" and "hands'ses", I found myself arguing for the next 20 minutes.

Only a crazy person argues with a 2 year old and expects to win. She won. Its hands'ses for as long as she wants to call them that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!