Monday, August 19, 2013

Conversations with a 2 year old and a 12 year old

Upon picking up a grouchy 2 year old Lolly from her Grandparents after work today. It turns out she hasn't napped, so she is simply a treasure.


Did you have a good day at Teta's?

No. No Teta's.

The jumping castle looked like lots of fun. Did you have a jump? (small, personal sized, jumping castle had been set up).

No. No jumping castle.

Did Sebastian have fun on the jumping castle?

NO. NO JUMPING CASTLE!!

Teta's cake looked yummy. Was it yummy?

No. No cake.

I saw you eating the cake.

NO. NO CAKE!!

Conversation on the same car trip with my 12 year old Maddy, who is surly and obnoxious for no better reason than that she is 12.



Did you have a good time at school today?

No.

Do you have any assignments yet this term?

No.

Did your friend tell you about her bedroom?

No

It's really cool. She has an attic bedroom and they had to buy her all new flatpacked furniture just to get it up the manhole.

So?

And so on, and so on. I could write a whole monologue from my conversations with these 2. So is my 12 year old acting like the 2 year old, or is the 2 year old acting like the 12 year old?

1 comment:

  1. At least lollies answers had more then one word lol

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!