Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rain of Terror

How can one so sweet wield such power?
Some days, if the house is warm enough, I leave Sebastian's legs out of his Bonds onesie after I've changed him. Just to give him a chance to use his feet to play, get a bit more traction in trying to crawl, and maybe have a suck on his toes while they're free (him, not me!).

Yesterday was no exception, and Seb was having a great old time playing on the floor. Lorelei was being good as gold (for once) and was singing little songs as she puttered around him, sometimes including him in her play, sometimes ignoring him and taking toys off him.

I could hear her usual mummy/baby play happening. "Poo, stinky baby. Change your bum stinky baby". Seriously adorable when it comes out of a 2 year old mouth. I wasn't paying too much attention since there were dishes to be done and both kids were happy.

Until the shrieks of outrage began and Lolly appeared in the kitchen, dripping wet from the top down, seriously indignant. I laughed at her, and headed to the playroom to clean up whatever bottle or cup she had managed to empty, but couldn't find any sign of it anywhere. Lolly was still wiping the liquid from her hair, and complaining loudly of being wet.

You can see where this is going, right?

Sure enough, I finally located the source of the disaster. Sebastian was lying free willy style on the floor, with his nappy next to him. Lolly was changing his nappy for him, such a helpful big sister, when Sebastian decided to introduce her to the key difference between little boys and baby dolls.

This particular accident required an extra bath yesterday. For both kids. But it was funny, so I was OK with that.

Linking with Essentially Jess

12 comments:

  1. Lol. Poor Lolly! She won't be doing that again anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahaha - poor little darling. My kids go beserk if the other one has an 'accident' in the bath. And they regularly practice wee's and poo's with their dolls, which often has me running into their room to see if it's 'real' or 'doll'!! The joys :-) Cheers, Alison #IBOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. Definitely one to write down for when they are older

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH CRAP - or wee in this case! Sounds like something that would happen at my house - funny post :) Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how funny - bet she isn't too keen to change his nappy in the future !!!
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor girl, I'm sure that will keep her well away from his nappies in future! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha!! He will love that story when he is older no doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious. This post has made my night. As one friend explained to me when changing her newborn son's nappy, 'cover it down, or else you'll drown'. Thanks for the laugh. A great story for Seb's 21st.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too funny! I was busy cleaning the shower and as my three (2,3 & 4 at the time) were playing happily I moved on to the toilet. On my way out I discovered what I thought was doll hair scattered. Gaining pace, I found the eldest had found my sisters nail scissors and decided to give her baby sisters hair cuts. She had cut middle child almost to the scalp in places and was just started to work on miss 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just KNOW Lolly is going to do that one day. I will be hiding the scissors till she is 18

      Delete
  10. Also thanks so much for linking up for our Sharing is Caring Sunday. I'm really looking forward to 'casing' your blog this week.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!