Monday, May 13, 2013

Good Golly Miss Lolly! She's TWO!

Where did the time go? Not so long ago, I was toddling off on Maternity leave with my tummy WAAAAY out in front of me, ready to have this gorgeous girl by planned c-section.


I woke up to find a pink cheeked Daddy introducing me to a round, chubby faced, little dumpling that perfected fitted the pre-picked name of Lorelei.


Time flew, and she was turning one before I knew it.


And now, after a jam packed year with so much in it, mummy going back to work, a new baby brother, mummy back home again, mummy in and out of hospital, moving to a new house, she's turned TWO!



We had a massive birthday party with all the family last year. I don't give my kids parties every year, but of course we always celebrate with presents, a nice dinner, and a cake. As my big girl has gotten older it also often includes a day out doing something special if there isn't a party.

Miss Lolly is lucky enough to have been born on the same day as her cousin. And since their birthdays fell on a Friday this year, which is the day we always have dinner with the in-laws, I figured I better pull out something pretty good as a cake. With the help of Salz, (and Husband may have done the baking the night before since I was pretty frazzled) we pulled together some gorgeous piggy cupcakes (thank you Pinterest!) and a Peppa Pig birthday cake (cake design and kit purchased from Cake 2 the Rescue).

Piggy cupcakes sourced from Pinterest
"Pig Babe" cake from cake2therescue.com.au
Lolly and I enjoyed a morning at a playcentre with Salz and Aneesa before returning home for naptime. It was a nice, playful morning that was all about the girls (and not at all about the latte's). But the best moment was when the girls saw their cakes. Both faces lit up, and Lolly shouted "Hoo-Ray" cheerfully when we sang for them.

It was a fabulous day, and Lolly was tickled to have everyone singing for her. She loved ripping into her presents, but was a little confused two days later when it was my turn to get presents for Mothers Day.

Love you lots my littlest girlie. Hope your day was magical and you look back at these photo's one day with pleasure. xx

Like my cake? Watch out tomorrow for a full review and giveaway of the cake2therescue product

3 comments:

  1. It just goes so quickly!! Looks like everyone had a great day! Happy birthday Miss 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, dumpling is just the perfect word, she is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I
    never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for
    me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as
    you did, the internet will be much more useful
    than ever before.

    Here is my blog post ... redirected here - christchurchplymouth.org -

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!