Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Putting her big girl knickers on


"Mum, did you use my toothbrush"?

I wondered if she was going to make a fuss out of that. Yup, I most definitely used her toothbrush. During a surprise stay in hospital last month Husband packed the wrong brush for me. Rather than grow moss on my teeth waiting for a replacement, I used her toothbrush. She'll be right.

With all kinds of indignant disgust, the kind only a 12 year old girl in the right of an argument can dish out, she insisted on a new toothbrush.

So it was with an absolutely fiendish pleasure that I noted a very familiar pair of pink underwear discarded in a pile of laundry.

They looked suspiciously like 1 of a set of 3 I bought upon getting out of hospital last year when I realised my size 18 knickers could no longer hang off the butt that seemed to have disappeared. I had to invest in some new clothes in size 10's and 12's (oh woe is me!) which created it's own problems. Madeleine is a size 10-12 girls, and I am now a size 10-12 ladies.

He he.

It might not have been a problem if MIL were not doing my laundry for me at the moment (again, woe is me, I have it so damn hard). And although I put Husbands, mine, and the babies laundry away (the sacrifices!) I make Maddy put her own away. And since Teta is a great big softie, she will often put Maddy's away when I'm not looking, but frequently mixes up our clothes.

Which brings us back to the pink knickers. Which I most definitely didn't wear.

The look of horror on her face when I rubbed her face in she realised her mistake was priceless.

Priceless.

Ever mixed up clothes with your kidlets? Shared something completely inappropriate with someone like knickers or toothbrushes?

Hooking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT

12 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha too funny. My daughter and I are nearly at the stage where that might happen though her bottom still has a bit of growing to do!

    Swinging by as part of #teamIBOT and leaving some fairy wishes and butterfly kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im shocked she didn't notice they were so baggy on her! Thanks for coming by xx

      Delete
  2. I have so much to look forward to..... oh, the tweens.
    loving you from #ibot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a joyful age - it just crept up and smacked me in the face. Overnight she stopped being a little girl!

      Delete
  3. Oh that is a classic!! I can't imagine the fun I've got to look forward to when my girls start to get into my wardrobe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her foot is only 1 size away from being the same size as mine! Thats the part I will actually enjoy, having twice as many shoes to choose from

      Delete
  4. Lol! Hmm I am thinking what will get mixed up between my clothes and the boys'...Should I be thankful for being the only female in the house?? :P love your post! Visiting from IBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be very thankful! Thanks for coming by xx

      Delete
  5. I accidentally used my husband's toothbrush once. I figure we share a lot worse "Germs" and, uhh, bodily fluids, than that so it was no big deal. As for underwear, an ex-bf of mine once came out of the bathroom in MY undies. that was that relationship over. Men wearing my knickers is definitely a deal breaker! -Aroha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I might find it funny that Miss 12 wore my knickers, I'm not sure how amused I'd be if it were husband. Deal breaker is right

      Delete
  6. I accidently put a g string in my nine year olds pile the other day, which she thought was hilarious!
    Boatman frequently gets everyones clothes mixed up. It used to just be the kids, but now I'm finding mine and the eldest girls all muddled up too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha, Miss 12 would DIE if she found a g-string in her draw, I must try it

      Delete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!