Friday, March 8, 2013

FFS Friday: What's driving me nuts this week?



Lorelei has discovered how to get her shoulders out of the harness in her car seat. FFS

She starts working on this the minute we get in the car. Every trip out of the house now needs to allow an additional 20% in travel time for me to pull over every 2 minutes to restrap her. FFS

I've made her harness so tight I can barely do it up. The kid practically dislocates her shoulder getting it out, but she still manages. FFS

While she is fighting with her harness, she screams in frustration. Nothing distracts her from her mission. Her screaming inevitably distresses 6 month old Sebastian who joins in out of sympathy. FFS

It's an hours minimum round trip to drop off and pickup 12 year old Maddy from school each day. That's alot of screaming. FFS

Add to this that Maddy suffers from some kind of personality disorder at the moment which turns her in a surly, snarling beast 2 mornings out of 3. Our car trips to school are all kinds of pleasant. FFS

Turns out the iPad we bought for Maddy for Christmas to use for school is just a fabulous, great big toy. Surprise surprise. Instead of using it for schoolwork, Maddy goes to the school Library each day and borrows one of their Macbooks which she does all her schoolwork on. She then tells me she can't finish the work on our PC at home. FFS

As a result we have invested in a Macbook. $1500 of unexpected costs without Christmas or a Birthday to attach it to. The schools position is still that they are transitioning to iPads. TEACH THE YEAR 7 KIDS WHAT TO DO WITH THEM THEN! FFS.

I'm going into hospital again next week for a scheduled operation. No FFS. I'll be glad to have this over with.

As part of my preadmission appointment the Dracula's took a million vials of blood. Then realised after they withdrew the sucker needle thingy that they needed more. Back in to attack another vein. FFS.

I may have over prepared for this hospital visit. I have run out of Tupperware containers for the leftovers from the massive meals I have been cooking so that Husband can just microwave dinner on school nights. FFS

I'm not usually such a negative Nellie, but I just LOVE reading the FFS Fridays over at Dear Baby G, so thought this was my week to overshare. Head on over to absorb yourself in someone else's problems for a bit!

Dear Baby G

10 comments:

  1. Oh kids!! Love them but can't stand the screaming!! All the best for your operation and hope it all goes smoothly. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, so nervous this time around.

      Delete
  2. Good luck next week!! Both my kids get out of their seat belts it drives me nuts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping I can nip this one in the bud soon, it's killing me in extra travel time and tantrums!

      Delete
  3. Love it. Feels good to vent ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt AWESOME to vent, I always love reading everyone elses download but it felt even better to do it myself

      Delete
  4. Ohhh my Lola is doing the same thing with a seatbelt. I actually threatened to get her out and leave her on the side of the road... That has fixed it for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a strap that I can attach to both harnesses that I want to get...hopefully that will fix it! Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  5. Ugh, Chai has just started getting himself out of his car seat too, it's so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how much pain she must be putting herself through to get out! And all so I can strap her back in too. Toddlers are so persistant

      Delete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!