Friday, August 31, 2012

Is it really only 2 weeks?

With Seb still in hospital we have fallen into a bit of a temporary routine. The girls are already more relaxed and enjoying a slower pace in the morning. Lolly seems to love eating breakfast with her big sister instead of at daycare, and Maddy is one of life's natural dawdlers, so having a whole hour (at least) at home to get ready for school suits her just fine.
Even though I am out of the house and at the hospital for 8 hours a day, life still feels more relaxed than when I am working full time. When the time rocks around again to go back to work, I am going to have to do some serious thinking about how I can keep this balance for my kids.
Its not easy on the budget though - we bottomed out the bank account this week for the first time in a long time, and when I sat down to work out where the money had gone I recoiled in shock to realise that we have spent $250 on takeaway since Seb was born 2 weeks ago. Whoops. Time to put my stingy pants back on.
I made up sandwiches from home to take to the hospital today. And they were yummy. Not as yummy as the sausage rolls I have been enjoying way too often, but still good. And there's some satisfaction in knowing that I have not reached for my wallet at all today. Seeing as how we actually have full cupboards and don't specially need anything, that should be such a rare occurrence lately, but for some reason I have fallen into bad habits.
The frantic rush to get out of the house, the commute, and the long days at work seem like something from a long time ago already. It doesn't seem possible that I have only been in this new routine for 2 weeks, but that's all it is. I can't wait to have Seb home, our family life will expand and absorb him in as quickly and easily as we have absorbed the extra time together in the mornings. I can't wait to see how he settles in, and how the girls will interact with him, but that's probably a few weeks away yet.
Soon.
In the meantime, I need to pull my finger out and think about a fathers day present for Husband! I need to make sure the day is extra special for the girls as well as Husband without neglecting my little man in the hospital.
Do you have big plans for Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!