Friday, January 6, 2012

Ooooh drool, Crust pizza is so good. Especially when free

My prize arrived in a kids
pizza box! So cute
If the amount of blogs giving away Crust pizza packages are any indication, myself and half the blogosphere have been lucky enough to try out these pizza's. Speaking for myself, when I ducked up to the post office on Tuesday to collect our mail (after being in Melbourne for over a week) I was thrilled to find my Crust Pizza prize from Daisyrooandtwo waiting for me. Champion - this meant I could delay the trip to the supermarket yet ANOTHER day. I was waiting for a bunch of Coles vouchers which hadn't arrived yet, and my thin post-Christmas budget means I needed to hold out for them if possible.
So I sent Husband off to our nearest Crust (yay, only about 20 minutes away) to collect our prize and I have to say, this was such a generous prize. In no-ones definition was this dinner for 2 adults and 2 children. 6 adults and 2 children maybe. We definitely had leftovers for dinner the next night. Yay, supermarket visit delayed AGAIN.
Disappointingly though, Crust sent Husband home with a ham and pineapple kids pizza instead of a chicken and pineapple kids pizza. Simple mistake to make right? Except we are a partially Muslim household, and one of the things we observe is no pig products so this was a biggie for us. They also didn't give him the apple juices that come with the kids packs, and since I did most of the menu hunting myself, he didn't know to ask for them. The pizza's were free though, and at the end of the day I was actually only feeding 1 kid, not 2, so its not like someone went without as I was going to put the spare in the fridge for dinner the next night. But in terms of doing a fair review if I was paying for the pizza's, I would have been back at the pizza store irritated more by the extended time investment needed at dinner time than anything else.
2 adults to eat these monsters? Really? These pizzas are
HUGE. Ahem, I MAY have started eating mine before the photo
Although the prize was for 2 of their upper crust pizza's, Crust was nice enough to let us substitute one for a large chicken pizza, worth slightly less in value. While the upper crust range looks nice, the Peri Peri Chicken pizza was calling out to me. And I can say, it is the yummiest thing I have ever put in my mouth. EVER. Oh my goodness. I can't stress that enough. So seriously delicious.
Husband was more inclined towards the Moroccan lamb, which was yummy too (but can't take the place of Peri Peri chicken for me).
The best thing was that Miss M could have her own pizza. We are so used to having to order cheese or simple chicken  pizza's for her that we have forgotten what it is like to eat ingredient packed pizza's. Yummy deserts, interesting (not my cup of tea but Husband loved it) salad along with a DVD and Uno pack courtesy of Crust and our dinner was complete.
While a leetle more pricey than ordering at some of the mainstream chains, Husband and I could get away with 1 large pizza between the 2 of us (with leftovers) and a kids pack for Miss M so it wouldn't have to cost that much. Very filling and very yummy too. Completely worth it.
Thumbs up to Crust for taste and range, thumbs down for accuracy unfortunately. But if you check your order before leaving the store this does not have to be a problem.

1 comment:

  1. yummm pizza. i made my own home made pizza the other day was very yummy i think the yummiest i ever made it. also did stuffed crust. will have to try this place out one day. is it a restaurant or is it like dominos where u just order then takeaway?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!