Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Wishes from me to you xx

Presents are all wrapped, my girls are clean and shiny, tomorrows food is ready to go with minimal effort and I can actually see the clothesline outside because Husband has mowed (a bi-annual event).
My two beautiful girls
This evening we will take Lolly for her first ever Christmas Eve light drive. We've done this every Christmas since Miss M was a bubba and the lights get better and better. I can't wait to see her face light (literally!) up at our favourite street where we get out and walk.
I was all excited and packed to head on down to Melbourne on boxing day to see my sister and family, but they've all come down with some fiery chest infection. We've decided to postpone the trip by 24-48 hours to give them all time to get through the antibiotics since the first person was feeling better by day 4 but my BIL has just gone down with it today too. A little disappointing because I only see my sister once or twice a year, and she hasn't seen Lolly since she was 8 weeks old. I'm dying to show off all her new baby tricks.
Decembers Photo of the Month
Instead we will go to the movies on Boxing Day, something I have been doing with my father since I was a little girl doing the split Christmas thing with my divorced parents. We've been taking Miss M most years since she was 3. Its not a hard and fast tradition, I was willing to give it a miss in order to get to Melbourne a day faster but since we can't go to Melbourne, I think Husband or I will take Miss M to the movies. Usually we all go but Lolly is not well behaved enough for a movie yet. Maybe in another year (or 2!).
I suspect blog reading will be the last of most peoples priorities today, but just in case you do drop by, Merry Christmas from me to you. I hope your day is magical, filled with good food and family, with all the little memories that create a trail across time for you to look back upon in years to come. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. They make my day even if you only say Hi!